Code of Conduct for school travel
Our Conditions of Travel set out how we expect people to behave when using public transport.
To make everybody’s bus journey as enjoyable as possible, we ask you to follow these conditions but we've sumarised some of the relevant ones but please see the full version here:
Waiting for the bus
- Queue sensibly, away from the road.
- Get on the bus calmly, without pushing.
- Parent/Carers must ensure that your child is at the bus stop in good time to catch the bus.
On the bus
- Show your pass to the driver.
- Find a seat and stay seated for the journey.
- Fasten your seatbelt (where applicable) - for safety and as a legal requirement.
- Do not distract the driver unless in an emergency.
- Do not damage the bus.
- Always behave sensibly throughout your journey.
- Never touch the emergency exit.
- Never leave your bag in the aisle.
Getting off the bus
- When your stop is next, ring the bell once. If it has already been rung, you do not need to ring it again.
- If you have to cross the road after you get off the bus, wait until the bus has moved off and you can see the road clearly in both directions, or go to the nearest available crossing.
Terms and conditions of travel
You are respectfully reminded that by using the service you undertake to accept the terms and conditions of travel. This includes sanctions which would be applied if the required standards of behaviour are not met.
Parents need to be aware that if their child causes any damage or does not meet the required standard of behaviour on the bus they could:
- Have their pass withdrawn.
- Be banned from the bus.
- Be prosecuted by the police.
- Be required to pay for any damage they have caused.