New and replacement pass applications
Frequently asked questions about applying for school bus passes. Supplied by Metro.
When do I receive my pass for the new academic year?
- Passes are sent out at the end of August .
My friend travels for free on the bus, how do I apply for a zero fare pass
- Your Local Authority (LA) decides on your eligibility for free transport to and from school. Give them a call for more help.
More about free school transport
I have a form from the LA (‘Application for help with travelling expenses’) and a form from Metro ('Secondary School Application Form'). Which do I fill out?
- If you qualify for free travel, only return the 'Application for help with travelling expenses' to the Local Authority for your Zero Fare pass.
- If you do not qualify for free travel please complete the ‘Secondary School Application Form’ and return to Metro, at the address below.
Where do I go if I've lost my forms?
- If you have lost your application for free travel please contact your LA. More about free school transport
- If you have lost your application for a place on a dedicated school service go to the Passes and Permits section where you can download a new form.
I’ve lost my pass, how do I get a new one?
- If you need to obtain a replacement pass, Metro require the following items:
Passport photo (unless you travel on a Mybus and we have a digitally stored photo on our system)
Cheque/Postal Order for £5 made payable to Metro or payment can now be made by credit or debit card over the phone: 0113 348 1122.
Your details including your name and school.
Stamped addressed envelope
40-50 Wellington Street
Please ring the Metro hotline on 0113 348 1122 for any school bus queries.